Saturday, November 20, 2010

"An Introduction."

I’ve never written a blog before.

I’ve never had the illusion that my thoughts, my ideas, were somehow important and interesting enough to share with the world. I’ve never been so arrogant to believe that the useless facts and strange logic my mind is able to reproduce at the randomest of times is superior to that of the million others that waste a little bit of extra space on the internet everyday by posting their mindless crap, seemingly thinking other people might actually enjoy these posts. I have no such illusions.

I know my thoughts and writings are not incredibly genius, mind-blowingly intelligent, or even slightly world-changing. The trick, however, is getting you to believe that they are.

I don’t even write for a specific audience, I write for those who are willing, truly willing to listen. I write for those who are willing to think critically, so that perhaps, someday,  I say something that makes that tiny bit of difference in someone’s life. That what I’ve written leads to this random suddenly occurring thought in someone’s head, which changes their view just that little bit. I’m not striving for world-peace (well, if I could, of course I would, but that’s besides the point), I’m trying to make people think. Simple observations of all the beautiful things around us, seeing the funny positive side of things.

Because geniusness is judged by the observer, not the so-called genius. What I say might be complete and utter bullocks , but if it sparks an interesting and relevant discussion, my job is done. The mind, and the strange patterns that define it, is the most beautiful and fascinating thing in the world.

So this is a serious post. A call out to the world. A wake up call.
This is not necessarily what you’ll see if you’ll from now on keep on following this blog.

Instead, we want to show you what the world is really like. That it isn’t what you hoped or expected it to be, doesn’t mean you have to get depressed about it. We will show you things you’ve never seen before, we’ll show you the wonderful things so many people are missing in their lives, without them even knowing!

Simple observations. Humorous remarks. Sarcastic, witty, provocative, honest. Surprising, inventive, creative. Inspiring. Our comments, our views. Our thoughts, and our strange fascination with anything interesting.
That’s what you get. Us.

But keep in mind, it’s all there to make you think. It’s all there to wake you up from that set thought pattern you’re unconsciously in. This is World Wake Up Call.

Signed,
Griffith & Torino


No comments:

Post a Comment